12.06.2007

Architects in Schools


Riston's 3rd grade class had the opportunity to work with a group of Architects for about 6 weeks, on a weekly basis. The final project was to draw a floorplan and an elevation of their dream house. Note, Riston's dream house includes no rooms for his aging parents or his brother! But he does have a big limo--maybe he will take pity on us and give us a ride once in a while!

It was a great experience for the kids and they learned a lot about what goes into creating and building structures!

2 comments:

diane said...

What a great art/math/science project!

Did project give him any ideas for the future? I have two cousins who are architects, one in Sedona, AZ, and one in Texas.

My best to the elves and the tooth fairy.

diane

sandiford said...

I like the efficiency combined with fun that is implied in the design. I mean, why not walk in the house from a day of work, school, or play and just take a quick dip in a pool to refresh yourself before entering the rest of the house? Great idea Riston...